Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's Going To Be A Good Day

You know how you can tell, immediately upon waking, that the day will be a good one? Today is definitely one of those days. After two days of 90* humid weather, I awoke this morning to cool (almost cold!) breezes. The bugs were still chirping and singing, birds were starting their day and the soft glow of a golden sunrise was coming through the window. But that's not the most important part. What REALLY told me that today would be good was the smell of coffee brewing! WOO HOO!! I actually remembered to set the coffee maker last night. Ahhhhhh

It's the first full day of school for us, and everyone actually got up on time. There were no fights for the bathroom or curling iron. No lost make-up and only one minor tantrum over an unwashed shirt that we were supposed to "just know" she wanted to wear today. Life with two teenage girls and one point five baths can be quite challenging, but this morning was bliss. And cooooffffeeee

I remembered to start the wax melter this morning, too. I am batting 1000! And I actually have candles to make! You have no idea how exciting that is after the absolutely D E A D summer I've had. I actually have a queue!! That has been unheard of these last couple months. And I'm not the only one. Pretty much everyone that I've talked to, in all types of industries, has had a very slow summer. Hopefully this increase in business will keep up for fall and winter. Oh yea, and there was coffee!

Did I mention my kids are back in school. Aahhhh, blissful. There is absolutely no sound of "What Not To Wear" or "Spongebob" coming from any room of my house. Our over-hyper one year old puppy is exhausted after a long weekend in the kennel, so he's sleeping under my bed. I've got one stereo on. Count them . . . one! Although my kids and I like the same radio station, I've usually got competing iPods going . . . along with the over-hyper pup, What Not To Wear and Spongebob. BTW, I'd like to take a moment to thank Mike and Amy for sending a new and highly annoying squeaky toy for Rascal.

I'm starting to digress. Let's get back on track. More good day tidings. I actually remembered to start a crock pot dinner for the kids tonight that smells wonderful. Added bonus!: Sweet Home Alabama came on the radio as I was making said dinner. (I'm a southern girl at heart) PLUS, it's Russ and my anniversary today so I get to go out for a very nice dinner. Looking forward to some fresh seafood, nice wine and an absolutely evil dessert. YUM

All in all, it's going to be a good day. Now, where is my coffee cup . . . .

No comments: