Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall Is Upon Us

It is currently 79 degrees and sunny outside my window. Be that as it may, it is still the first day of fall. I've noticed many a pumpkin and gourd at the farmer's market and in the stores. Colorful fake leaf arrangements, corn stalk bunches, hay bales and mums are strewn all over town boding of cool weather, apples fresh from the orchard, apple cider simmering on the stove with cinnamon sticks and cloves, football and the last bonfires of the season. Also telling me that I'd better get my butt in gear!

As a merchant, I am well aware that I need to plan for seasons before they arrive. It's simply something I am not at all good at. I'm very much a "live in the moment" kinda gal. I'm also an infamous procrastinator. Those two traits don't work so well in a seasonal business such as candles. I've struggled with this issue now for 12 long years. You'd think I'd learn, wouldn't ya?

Obviously, I haven't. It's now the end of September and I've suddenly realized fall is knocking insistently at the front door and I have nothing to offer the hungry throngs. Um, OK, you're all supposed to be hungering for candles upon candles to fill your homes with warmth and light during those long cold fall and winter months. (Ignore the 79 degree sunshine, please!) So, I now have a belated plan. I made the decision over the summer to start offering stock candles along with my traditional custom creations. My "plan" at the time was to build up stock and have it all added to the web site by the time school started. See how well that plan worked for me??? I have a few items made and listed on my alternate sites at Etsy.com and bfuzz.com. It is so very much not enough and not what I had planned all those many warm months ago. Ah, well. This "live in the moment" gal can cope with that and make the best of the situation.

Here now are my promises to you. Hold me accountable, please!
  1. Before the end of the week, add to my web site the candles that I have prepared. INCLUDING the five new scents that have been sitting on my work bench for two weeks without pictures taken or listings created. UGH!
  2. Before the end of next week, create fall inspired votive candles, take pictures AND post them on all my web sites.
  3. I will then clean up the storage shelves in the work room and move items to a clearance sale page that will be available by Oct. 1st. I really must get rid of all that clutter and make room for new products.

Ooops! I think I just let something slip ;D Hmmmmmmm, whatsoever could I have up my sleeve???????

Now it's your turn to show me a little love, to motivate me to list these awesome candles, to FORCE me to feed your hunger for warmth and good smells for those cold winter months:

BLOG SPECIAL: Place an order on my web site or by phone, mention that you read my blog, and you get FREE
ground SHIPPING. Offer expires Oct. 31, 2008

Follow your own little light, be happy and buy candles :D

No comments: